CMAT Result Released; Now What Next?
Many top colleges take students on the basis of CMAT score that is why it is considered as one of the most important management entrance exams. CMAT 2019 Result has been declared by NTA on February 6. NTA not only published the result, but it also released the merit list and the final answer key of the exam. The result of the exam is in the form of scorecard where they can check their percentile along with the All India Rank. CMAT examination for 2019 session is considered easy in comparison with CAT, XAT and IIFT exam paper.
Many top management institutes shortlist their candidates on the basis of CAMT result. Some of the top institutes are – Goa Institute of Management, XISS Ranchi, MET Institute of Management, Jaipuria Institute of Management Noida, Asia Pacific Institute of Management etc.
The result of CMAT is very important and now that it is been released, the colleges will start realising their list of shortlisted candidates. The university will start calling the candidates for the interviews and group discussions. Each institute sets different dates for the candidates and sometimes the interviews and group discussions varies depending upon the institutes.
All the institutes have different cut off percentile for SC, ST, OBC & general candidates. Generally SC, ST and OBC candidates requires having fewer percentiles of marks than the general candidates. The selection of candidates is said to begin from the last week of February.
CMAT Selection Process
After the result is announced, the CMAT selection process will start. The steps after are as follows –
- The colleges that accept CMAT result will release the name of the shortlisted candidates.
- If your score is within the required percentile of the institute then you can apply to all those institutes.
- The candidates will go through Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) or Written Ability Test (WAT) in the respected institutes.
- Then the selected candidates will participate in CMAT Counselling that is expected to start in March 2019.
The main selection criterion is based on CMAT score, GD and PI or WAT. In every institute, multiple numbers of selections are held to choose a date that suits you.
Documents Required for CMAT Admission Process
- CMAT 2019 Result (it can be downloaded from the official website)
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Domicile Certificate or Official Address
- Common Management Admission Test Call Letter
- Matriculation Marks memo or equivalent & Certificate
- Intermediate Mark list and Certificate
- Graduation Marks sheet
- CMAT Admit Card 2019 (it is available in the official website of AICTE)
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Income Certificate
- Six recent colour Photographs (preferably passport size)
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport etc. )
- Photocopies of all the certificates
Now is the time for you to apply to all the institutes that accept CMAT score (generally all AICTE approved institutes accept the score).Candidates must apply soon to get shortlisted into the institutes. Approximately 1.6 lacs seats are available for CMAT students throughout the country.